Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Praise Him in This Storm



I know, the title to a Casting Crowns' song...but really, this title is literal for me today! Last night I sat in the living room too exhausted to move from the chair once we put Noah down for the night.

I told Mark that I didn't know how we would get laundry done, get packed, "insert task here"...and in the end, I really didn't care. I went to bed...at 8:00.

This morning I got up for my quiet time, made myself a cup of yummy flavored coffee (which really made me think of mornings with Julie back the FBC Bryan days), put on my headphones, pulled up a Beth Moore Bible study and asked the Lord to prepare me for the day.

Then it happened...the call...school was closed for a snow day! Praise God...really!!! I didn't anticipate it (yes, I knew we were expecting snow, but we live in Missouri and they don't close school for an inch of snow...but they did today!).

Noah and I stayed home together.

He helped me by transferring my hose to Mark's sock drawer and Mark's socks to my drawer.



He helped close the dryer door just when I needed him too, and he made sure that the living room would still need picked up tonight as it does every night.



So...here are the results of the day:



I am praising Him for this storm!! I can't wait to see my Texas family and friends in less than a week!!

2 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

I am praising Him for your storm too!! It snowed here, yes, you read that correctly and they didn't even delay school...Mine were, of course, late though! haha Can't wait to see you!!!!

Julie said...

Oh "Jean Luke"! I think of that every time I drink General Foods coffees, too. Especially the Vanilla one! Hope you guys had a great Christmas!