Sunday, November 23, 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes




Last year at this time I was awaiting the arrival of little Noah. I had dreams, hopes, doubts, insecurities...
My house was decorated for the holidays, I was anticipating my first Christmas without my family, I was wondering what motherhood would really be like.
My clothes didn't fit, my shoes wouldn't go on, and my wedding ring hadn't seen my hand in months.
So now, a year later...I have new dreams, hopes, doubts, and insecurities...
My house in partially decorated for Thanksgiving and partially for Christmas. I am joyfully anticipating my first Christmas with Noah and my family. I am finding out what motherhood really is.
My clothes fit, but they are the old ones I wore before Noah, my shoes will go on...but I had to break down and buy a new pair, and my wedding ring is in my jewelry box because I haven't had a moment to put it on yet today.

Wow...

2 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

Hey, at least your house has decorations!! and, you got new shoes?!?

Seriously, I know you marvel at your own changes as much as you marvel at Noah's. Enjoy!

And, I am praying for that sweet, sweet, beautiful but weak baby. I am praying that you all would "fear not as He upholds you with His righteous right hand."
I am soooo thankful for you and I am praying...

Angie Love said...

Actually, TWO new pairs of shoes!! Crazy! :-)