Friday, February 22, 2008

Quirks, I Don't Have Any :-)

While I wasn't officially tagged, I think this is fun...and Noah is sleeping so I actually have time to write on my blog!!

Here are the rules:
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (I tag Lisa L., Helen, Mom, Laura A., Cynthia, and Jayme...they don't have blogs, but I am tagging them just the same).
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

So, quirky....

1. I make up words to popular songs that fit the moment...I can't think of ANY at this moment though! If Mark were here he could give me an example, he has joined in on this and my sister does it as well. Not everyone will understand, but if you have caught me doing this unexpectedly you will know it. For example, "I love candy" (thinks 80s) becomes "I love honey"...(as I sing it to Mark).

2. I do not like things left on the kitchen counter. I will move my already overstuffed cabinets around to clear things from the counter. Mark can never find anything and my parents do not like that the toaster is not on the counter at all times.

3. I have to shave my legs everyday! I was obsessed with this during labor. Since I went into labor at midnight and my water broke I was not allowed to shower or bathe that day...it drove me insane. The very next morning I went and showered...and c-section and all, I raised my legs in the tiny hospital shower and shaved!

4. I can't stand icky feet! I think if a woman, or man, wears sandals, flip-flops, he/she should have clean toes and nice heels. I tell the high school kids this all of the time and I even cut Mark's toenails and buff them during the summer months. In fact, I had a pedicure right before giving birth to Noah. I was worried I would have unacceptable toes during delivery. Two nurses actually complimented them!! I am not sure how I will take in pedicures with Noah, but I will. If I don't you won't see me in sandals!

5. I check my e-mail obsessively! I don't know why I do this, but I will check it numerous times a day...even while I have been home with Noah. What makes this quirky is that I don't get that many e-mails a day!

6. If I ask Mark to do something I want him to do it immediately, even if it is not a pressing issue. Poor Mark!!! I try not to nag, and he has gotten used to it...but it is one quirky habit I would love to break!

So that is it. I can't wait to read (via e-mail) what everyone else's quirks are that I tagged...

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

Oh how I miss you! I read these on my blackberry (where I can't comment) and laughed til I cried.
Let me just say, Come clean my kithchen counter. I love to see mine but haven't seen it since Palmer was born. You would hate being with me in public unless I kept my feet under the table. I haven't had a pedicure in over six count 'em six years. Now, close your mouth from gasping. The baby factor slowed me up. And, I remember you telling me you had no idea someone could use that much lotion. My legs, very soft, my feet another story. Lotion doesn't help the "gray skin" as my kids call it! I will try to email you more...do you have you comments emailed to you?