Monday, March 12, 2007

Dirty Paws


Yesterday we forgot about the time change. We just didn't forget, we really forgot and missed church. I told myself that this was the Lord's plan for us so that we could have the day to rest. Dixie, our dog, had other plans. The weather has finally warmed up a little here in Missouri and she wanted to spend time outside. When I let her back inside I checked her paws. They weren't just dirty, they were packed with mud.

As Mark warmed the water in the tub and covered the floors with towels I carried Dixie into the bathroom. She cowered, she tried to hide, she wouldn't look at me, but instead, hid her head under my arm. She knew she had done something wrong and was wanting to let us know she was sorry.
Even with her muddy paws, Mark and I still loved Dixie...and she is only a dog. We used gentle voices, we affirmed our love for her, we tenderly bathed her and dried her, and then rewarded her with a treat.
How much more is God's love for us.

For God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

2 comments:

Mark said...

Dixie and those dirty paws! :) It's very true what you said and you used a great example to show how much more God's love is for us. I'm glad you created this blog to share your thoughts and feelings with everyone. I love you!

Lisa Smith said...

How could I not know? YIPPEEEE!!!! Angie has a blog!